Since the beginning of 2019, major domestic express delivery and e-commerce companies have been competing to increase investment in cross-border logistics and multi-layout global logistics network. Seize the cross-border logistics market and enhance their competitiveness. What is cross-border logistics? Let each big company scramble to grab layout. Let''''s take a look at the introduction of cross-border logistics.
The meaning of cross-border logistics
Cross-border logistics can also be understood as international logistics, which means to transport goods from one country to another country or region by sea or air and land, so as to achieve the ultimate purpose of international commodity trading.
Characteristics of cross-border logistics
1. Cross-border logistics is different from domestic logistics in that it has a long distance, a long time and a high cost. In addition, it may involve customs clearance (clearance procedures) and other related issues in the destination country.
2. The development of cross-border logistics is mostly influenced by cross-border e-commerce. Cross-border e-commerce is inseparable from cross-border logistics, and the development of cross-border e-commerce drives the development of cross-border logistics.
3. Competition is concentrated in the southeast coastal areas, while there is less competition in the central and western regions. Due to the economic development of the bohai sea region, the Yangtze river delta, the pearl river delta and other southeast coastal areas, the demand for cross-border transport is strong, and the region''''s infrastructure, such as shipping and air transport, is relatively complete. Therefore, the supply of transportation resources and competition is the most intense competition. In the central and western regions, due to the relatively inactive economy, low cross-border transport demand and high transport costs, the resources of international freight services in the region are less invested.
4. There is fierce competition between regions or a single industry, and there is little cross-industry competition among regions. Although there are many market competitors in the cross-border logistics industry, it is limited by its own financial strength, management and technical capabilities. Moreover, due to the separation of national logistics markets, its competition is characterized by the competition between enterprises in a certain region. Such as the Yangtze river delta area. Competition among cross-border logistics companies; Or compete for customer resources in a certain industry, such as electronics manufacturing, while cross-regional and cross-industry competition is less.
5. Single service function, less value-added services, and more homogeneous competition. Most cross-border logistics companies can only provide Marine logistics or air logistics services, which can provide multi-modal transport (such as air and sea transport) and cross-border logistics enterprises to meet customers'''' different needs. In the provision of cross-border logistics services, limited traditional services, such as customs declaration and reservation, are less likely to provide transportation solutions, and the design of integrated logistics services has been optimized. Therefore, homogeneous competition is more serious.
Cross-border logistics transport mode
For small pieces of cross-border logistics, express delivery or air transportation are generally preferred. Generally, customs declaration and clearance are not required, and door-to-door service can be provided.
Bulk is to go shipping or railroad commonly, need document, clear custom. Time is relatively slow. But it''''s cheap. It is the main mode of transportation for cross-border logistics.
International logistics mainly includes international express, international surface mail, international air freight and international sea freight
International express: express declaration, air transportation, including:
(1) international express mail: such as continental EMS, Singapore EMS, USPS (United States post), PARCEL FORCE (United Kingdom post);
(2) commercial express: TNT, UPS, DHL, FEDEX, collectively referred to as the four express;
(3) special line: through the air cabin mode transport to foreign countries, find a reliable logistics cooperation company for the destination delivery, directly to the door.
International surface mail: international small package, large postal package;
International air transport: through formal customs clearance, through air transport;
International shipping: formal customs declaration, shipping by sea.
To sum up, cross-border logistics is a cross-border logistics between countries. Different from domestic logistics, cross-border logistics has a relatively long time, high cost, long distance, etc., and also involves the issue of integrity. Cross-border logistics generally chooses air, land and sea transportation.